Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Clive Staples Blowing My Mind

I am reading Mere Christianity by CS Lewis. I'm only on page 52 and he is already messing with my head.

I like this analogy.

We human beings are like car engines. God is the creator of us, the guy who made the car engine. He made the car engine to run on petrol, and nothing else will really work. The human being is made to burn up God himself, and nothing else will feed our spirits. That is why we are only satisfied--we only have peace and contentment--in God himself.

But there is another character in this human story. The enemy has a role as well: he wants us to run on the wrong juice. He tries to get us distracted by the other things we can put in our tanks. He wants us to burn something else that will make us break down.

That is why we must pray, "Satisfy me in the morning with your unfailing love."

Lord God, fill me with yourself. That's all I want to run on. Nothing else will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment