Saturday, January 25, 2014

Depending On Him


It is three weeks until I marry the wonderful Michael Wheatley!

And I am currently in Nashville, TN for Mobilization Camp after spending several days last week in Ecuador for the Extreme Leadership Summit. To say that my life right now is a whirlwind would be an understatement!

And sometimes these days, I start to feel overwhelmed. I am thankful that I will have some time off in February for the wedding (and honeymoon), but I have a LOT of work to do. And it can be overwhelming.

Friday morning, one of the pastors at Hermitage Church of the Nazarene said something striking to us in our devotional time Friday morning: 
“We are praying like it’s totally up to Him. And we are working like it’s totally up to us.”

I feel convinced all over again how entirely I need to rely on God to do the work that He has called me to do. It is utterly impossible without Him, and I don’t even want to try to go at it alone anymore.

But I have a responsibility to work as hard as I can! And through His strength, I will.

Here’s the mobilization update: we still need one more Ecuadorian 40/40 guy for the team, and then we will be ready to shift our focus to Argentina, where we will begin mobilizing in April.


Keep praying for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment