Saturday, November 21, 2009

Believe That You Are Loved

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8


God demonstrateS--present tense--his love for us. God has already proven his love to you, in that He gave His own son for you. . God doesn't need to prove his love to you, because he already has. So stop looking at what you've done and how God must not be able to love you, look at what he has done for you, and how much he must love you because of it. Don't look at the scars on your body, look at the scars on His body. His wounds already show how much he loves you. You have been given more worth than you could ever know because God loves you so much that He gave up His son for you.


"God is not loving toward me, because I have deserved it.

He is loving to me, because Christ deserved it for me.

He isn’t good to any of us, because we’re really good at

saying our prayers and really good at loving other people.

He isn’t faithful to us, because we’re faithful to Him.

He loves us, because that’s who He is.

He is faithful to us, because He cannot deny Himself.

That’s who He is.

That’s what He’s about."


http://tenthavenuenorth.com/journal/show/mike


I don’t have it all together. But I am dearly loved. I don't have to work to get better for God, because Christ was better for me. His love is over anything I could ever accomplish, because he lived a perfect life. But it is also underneath the depths of my failures and insecurities, because he went to the cross, and took all of my sins upon himself.


So his love surrounds us. And it is enough.


Believe that you are loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment