Friday, January 15, 2010

I Need Help

Three weeks from today, I will arrive in Peru.

Three weeks.

Twenty-one days.

In three short weeks, I will be arriving in Peru, UNLESS I do not raise all of my funds.

That's right, this dream of mine, this calling from God that I have been talking about for the last eight months, may not happen.

I need $15,000 for the two years I will be in Peru planting churches, and I don't have it yet. I don't even have it all pledged.

And if I don't raise all of my funding, not only will I not be going anywhere, but three fewer churches will be planted in Peru.

I need help.

I hate asking for help. I am one of the most independent people you will ever meet. To a fault. I don't like asking for help. I especially don't like asking for money. But here I am. Three communities in Cusco, Peru will not have churches and get to hear about the amazing grace of Jesus Christ if I do not get $15,000. I've said it before, and I am going to say it again: I hate money.

I hate that money, or a lack of it, could get in the way of my call from God.

I need help.

If you have thought about giving to support three churches in Peru, please do it now. Please do it before I have to cancel my flight and unpack my bags.

I need 14 people or families to give $30 a month. Or if your finances are tight, like my family, then I need 28 people to pledge $15 a month. Please give now.

The easiest way to give is to go to www.extremenazarene.org/stevens and click Donate. Even my Poppaw was able to do it this way, that's how easy it is.

I need help. I still hate saying it, but it is a fact. Be a part of the beginning of my missionary career. Be a part of planting three churches in Peru. Be a part of God's kingdom on earth as it is in heaven.

I want to leave you with a quote from Steve Saint:
"I believe some of the heaviest crowns in heaven will be worn by hardworking men and women who denied themselves the benefits that society said they deserved, in order to help finance the Great Commission...Missionaries usually get more recognition than the faithful Christians who support them...We must not forget that to reach the world with God's Word, it will take a combination of going and sending. Both actions are vitally important, and people in both capacities can be heroes of the faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment