Monday, January 30, 2012

Content

I think it is easy to wonder, will life ever get easier? But maybe it doesn't get easier. Maybe we just learn to be content. And contentment comes from finding joy in the little things. Gratitude is the secret to joy. I've said it before; I just don't have it down yet.

But today, I want to share a few things I am grateful for.

On Saturday morning, our contact and friend, Pascuala in Coya, prayed to close our discipleship class. It brings true joy to my heart to hear our contacts pray. Seriously, one of my favorite things. Six months ago, this woman didn't own a Bible. She didn't know anything about Jesus Christ. She had never experienced the love of God. Now, she is a transformed woman. She has quit drinking. She is much more patient. Her daughters have seen a change in her attitude. She is now a child of God.

And she prayed. It wasn't eloquent. It wasn't impressive. But it was beautiful. I fancy it a sweet, sweet sound in God's ears.

Then we have Genara en Lamay. She is trying to change. She already seems so sweet. But she told us, "You know, you guys aren't around all the time." It is easy to follow God's word when the missionaries are around. But when they are not, she says, it is pretty easy to fight with her husband. I am so thankful for her honesty. She confided in us her struggles, and it is obvious how much she still wants to grow.

There are women in these towns truly seeking God.

And it is a lovely thing to see, and to be a part of.

It brings joy to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment