Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Want Joy

I actually posted this quote to this blog last year, but as I think about how I want to live my life this year, it returns to mind:


You cannot be too gentle, too kind. Shun even to appear harsh in your treatment of each other. Joy, radiant joy, streams from the face of him who gives and kindles joy in the heart of him who receives. All condemnation is from the devil. Never condemn each other. We condemn others only because we shun knowing ourselves. When we gaze at our own failings, we see such a swamp that nothing in another can equal it. That is why we turn away, and make much of the faults of others. Instead of condemning others, strive to reach inner peace. Keep silent, refrain from judgment. This will raise you above the deadly arrows of slander, insult and outrage and will shield your glowing hearts against all evil.
-St. Seraphim of Sarov-



This year, I want joy.


Radiant joy.


I believe joy actually begins with gratitude.


So every day, I want to be thankful.


I want to focus everything on Christ, and him crucified. 


And the joy will come.


So here's to a new year.


New trials. New adventures. New difficulties. New joys.


But God is the same. 


And joy comes from him.


So, thanks, Lord.


          And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment