Wednesday, May 2, 2012

It's Over...But Not Really




I am writing this from a basement in Arequipa.

"What?" you ask? "Why are you there?"

Well, BIG news for you:

I am DONE being a 40/40 in Cusco!

That's right, my 27 months are up.

Now you ask, "So why aren't you home?"

Well, I am sticking around Peru for a couple of months.

Do you want to hear some even BIGGER news?

I am CONTINUING with Extreme in South America!

I will be working as Mobilization Coordinator for South America. "What does that mean?" you want to know? (My goodness, you ask a lot of questions!)

Well, it means that I will be working to find and deploy South American missionaries to Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. (Jerusalem, Judea, and Samaria figuratively, and hopefully eventually LITERALLY to the ends of the earth.)

So, if you have more questions, feel free to ask me! (cstevens@extremenazarene.org)

But back to Cusco...

We have a short term team coming down in June. They will be building TWO churches, doing outreach with children and adults, showing Jesus films, and holding medical clinics. Since I am kind of a Cusco expert (or at least the best we have), I will be helping out with the planning and execution of this project.

Then it is home to Cincinnati!

And wrapping up life in Cusco was surreal. Seriously, it didn't even seem real. We sold all of our stuff. We visited all of our people for one last time. We ate with a lot of them. We had our last church service. People stood up and thanked us for what we had done. We took lots of pictures.

And we said goodbye...

But what is goodbye, really? If we did our jobs right, and the Holy Spirit continues his work, then we'll see them again.

So I want to tell you, THANK YOU for your prayers and support. WE did this!

Please continue to pray for me, and the people of Cusco. And please consider partnering with me financially during the next phase of my calling. We are ALL part of advancing God's kingdom.

So if you would like to donate, or sign up to be a prayer partner, visit www.extremenazarene.org/stevens

This journey isn't over. The movement is still just beginning!

1 comment:

  1. Cailyn, I am so proud of you and everything that you have accomplished in 27 months!!! I cannot wait to see you soon and catch up! I love you bunches girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete