Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mobilizing Ecuador Doesn't Get Sweeter Than This


It is raining INCREDIBLY hard right now, probably the hardest rain storm I've seen in a very long time.

And I'm listening to Katie Herzig's song, "Sweeter Than This." 

And my life is pretty sweet right now. Besides the fact that I am not a big fan of rain, I am loving my life in Quito!

Rachel Kuhn spent four full days with me in Ecuador for a time of mobilization training.

And now the rain mixes with hail, making so much noise as it hits the roof, windows, and pavement. 

The thunder and hail are distracting as I attempt to put into words what the Lord has been doing these days in Ecuador.

And really, all words of the english language--or spanish for that matter-- are inadequate to describe the things God is putting into motion for his glory.

This is in Riobamba, where we have three candidates. It's okay if you're jealous.

I have now had meetings with six very strong 40/40 candidates. During one of my meetings with Rachel and three potential candidates on Monday, the passion was just bubbling out of the three young Ecuadorians.

Remember how I told you that right now, there are young people in South America with a call to serve the Lord as missionaries, but really have no opportunity to go? Well it is my job to give them the opportunity to fulfill their call to missions.

And I am incredibly blessed to have the opportunity to do that! And they are willingly responding to God's call on their lives.

So pray for these young people as they begin the application process. And pray that God will provide fifteen Ecuadorians who have answered the call by March 2013. Pray also that God would provide their funding.


No comments:

Post a Comment