Friday, December 30, 2011

Missions Trip to Starbucks?

I am a missionary. But I am also currently hanging out at Starbucks.


Trust me, it is weird to me, too.


Technically, I am on vacation. I should be able to do what I want, right?


I saved up my money, so why shouldn't I spend it how I choose, right?


I can make all these perfectly logical arguments, but this still feels weird...


But hey, next week, it's back to work.


Nonstop work for six more months.


So I will try to enjoy this little break, and put the guilt aside.


*****


Well, since I'm sitting here at Starbucks, I made a playlist of my favorite songs of 2011 (in alphabetical order by artist). There are eleven of them. Oh the irony.


1. Adele, "Set Fire to the Rain" from 21


2. All Sons and Daughters, "Spirit Speaks" from Live in Relevant Studios


3. The Civil Wars, "Poison and Wine" from Barton Hollow


4. Eisley, "Ambulance" from The Valley


5. Fleet Foxes, "Helplessness Blues" from Helplessness Blues


6. Gungor, "When Death Dies" from Ghosts Upon the Earth


7. Hillsong United, "Take Heart" from Aftermath


8. John Mark McMillan, "Seen a Darkness" from Economy


9. NeedToBreathe, "Oohs and Ahhs" from The Reckoning


10. Switchfoot, "Vice Verses" from Vice Verses


11. Us and Our Daughters, "Remember When" from Songs About Us

No comments:

Post a Comment