Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Year In Review

So... I guess the world is going to end this year.


You know, I'm not really all that worried.


I am excited about the year twenty-twelve. The possibilities are endless. Too cliche? Well, that is alright. Right now, I don't want to talk about the new year. I want to talk about the year that just ended. Good ol' 2011.


The year contained some really high highs, and some pretty low lows. But it is over. And I learned. And I grew. And things changed. And we can never go back. Only forward. "Making the most of every opportunity."


I rang in the new year last year in Lima, Peru. It was loud. Because there were a ton of fireworks. Here are other highlights of the year:


January: I returned from Lima and began to work without my partner Ester. We were down to only four 40/40s on our team (Cailyn, Alex, Emily, and Kathy). I ate pig skin for the first time. And shared Christ with people. Life became routine.


February: We completed a full year in Peru. I was left in charge of church in San Jeronimo, preaching and leading the services while our pastor was away. I found out that my partner was not coming back to work with me. Alex got a new partner. God opened doors for us to begin working in a battered women's shelter.  


March: Carnavales.  I fell down a mountain. And became famous. We did the Daniel Fast as a team.  We visited Puno, too.  We did a movie in San Sebastian, and I preached afterward. 


April: We started church services in Coya at a contact's house. We celebrated Easter, and I preached at the mother church on Easter Sunday. We continued to work at the battered women's shelter.   


May: Church services in Coya. Battered women's shelter. Discipleship. Routine. Eating guinea pig. You know how it is.


June: I went HOME for vacation!! Yay! Then came back and kept working with my NEW PARTNER, Kathy.


July: We did Jesus Film showings (in Quechua) and prepared and served hot chocolate. We felt like we made a lot of progress. 


**Okay, here's the thing: the next several months, I became a little busy, or maybe a little lazy, and stopped blogging. So I am not even sure what happened each month. Lo siento...**


August through November (?): I worked. Kathy and I worked together. We made new contacts. We did discipleship lessons. We started and stopped church services. We started renting locales in Lamay and Coya. We spent more time than I can count on public transportation.


December: The busiest month of the year. Hot Chocolate nights. Advent. Christmas church services. Open-air preaching. Discipleship and evangelism. A visit from a few members of the Paraguay team. Christmas in the Queep (Arequipa).


And, to wrap up, just like last year, here is my "Best Of" list, my favorite blogs of 2011.


Fellowship of the Gospel


A Song Blog: Part 2


The Day I Became a Legend


Suffering and Grace


Really, Kid?


It Really Is Good News


BAM. Saved.


I'm In Love


God bless you all during 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment