Thursday, September 20, 2012

Disciples Making Disciples (Colombia Part 4)



“Go and make disciples of all nations…”

Who are you discipling? And who is discipling you?

I know I am not the first person to ask those questions, but they bear repeating…because two thousand years after the Church was commissioned, the mission remains unfulfilled.

And visiting Colombia made me realize the impact believers who ACT LIKE DISCIPLES can make.

I sat in a meeting at the church—a meeting of an entire network. The Pastora (the Pastor’s wife) has twelve leaders, just like her husband does. And one of her twelve called a meeting for the twelve leaders she is training, who are discipling people in their homes. They invited the twelve leaders they are training… They call this a network, but I call it fulfilling the Great Commission.

It never ends.

Disciples who make disciples who make disciples…

Leaders who train leaders who train leaders…

It never ends.

There is a trickle-down passion for prayer, evangelism, discipleship, worship, and leadership development.

And that is why the House of Prayer Church of the Nazarene in Cali can claim the most impressive growth rate of the denomination, with 14,000 in attendance each Sunday.

And I began to wonder what it would look like if my home church adopted this strategy.

What would it look like if YOUR CHURCH practiced this?

So I’ll ask it again:

Who are you discipling?

Who is discipling you?

No comments:

Post a Comment