Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Here I Am. Send Me.

I want to tell you all about our time in LA during orientation...

We were in LA February 1-4, and left for the airport that night. First we had CCO with David Cooper, Marty Hoskins, and Joel Tooley. Then Wednesday and Thursday we had orientation sessions with Brian Tibbs, the director of Extreme Nazarene, in the mornings and in the afternoons we had team-building sessions. However, the result was not a team, but a family. I love each person I am here with, and they are all special and have there own stories about how God led them to this place. They are amazing, but I ask you to pray for each one of them.


What I most want to tell you about, though, is our commissioning service Wednesday night. I actually led a few worship songs a capella (Cannons, How He Loves, and Give Us Clean Hands). We worshipped together, and then Brian spoke from Isaiah 6. You probably know the story... Isaiah is in the Holy of Holies in the temple, and there are heavenly beings, and he sees the Lord sitting on a throne, and realizes how unworthy he is to see the Lord! He cries out "I am a man of unclean lips!" because of his sin and unworthiness. But one of the heavenly beings takes a coal from the altar and touches it to his lips. And the Lord asks "Whom shall I send?" Isaiah answers, "Here I am. Send Me."

Well during our service, we recreated this. Brian took a coal, touched it to each of our lips and said, "The Lord is asking: Whom shall I send? What will you say?" And each of us answered, "Here I am, send me."




Afterward, we had an awesome time of prayer together, and God's spirit was moving, and it was beautiful!




































No comments:

Post a Comment