Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh How He Loves Us!

My roommate Brandi and I have a theme song. Almost everyday at some point, we sing the song "How He Loves," and it is usually stuck in our heads.

Tonight I read a quote in my Bible that goes along with our theme song, and I have to share it:

"We are loved passionately by God. And I don't know why. It is a mystery. To understand it is to dismiss it...If we discovered that God loved us because we were smart, then we would try to do everything we could to be smarter so He would love us more. If we met someone smarter than we were, we would fall into despair. We couldn't believe God could love us if we weren't the smartest. So I don't think God will ever let us know the reason that He loves us as passionately as He does. I don't have a clue why God loves me.  But I believe in the core of my being that He does. So I surrender to it. I stop fighting it. I cease trying to figure it out. I collapse into it."
~Nicole Johnson

He is jealous for me. He loves with the strength of a hurricane, and I am just a weak tree, bending beneath the weight of his strong wind and his incredible mercy. And then suddenly I am unaware of all of the afflictions, brokenness, and baggage that I carry, because they are completely eclipsed by your glory! And I realize just how beautiful you are, and how great your affections are for ME!

Oh, how He loves us. Oh, how He loves us, how He loves us so!

We are his portion, and he is our prize, and we are drawn to redemption by the amazing grace in his eyes. Let me tell you, if grace is an ocean, we are  ALL sinking in it! And as I stand in His presence, heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss from a baby who hasn't yet learned how to kiss. And I feel my heart turn violently inside of my chest. And I don't have time to maintain my regrets, brokenness, baggage, failures, or affliction when I realize the way that He love us! Oh, how he loves us! Oh, how He love us. Oh how He loves!





No comments:

Post a Comment