Monday, April 12, 2010

My Inheritance

So for those of you who don't yet know, I started reading the Bible from the start when I first got to Peru; I am now in 1 Samuel. But a couple weeks ago I was reading and thinking about Joshua. And around chapter 13, God is once again handing out land that has been conquered to each of the tribes of Israel.

But Joshua 13:33 says, "But to the tribe of Levi, Moses had given no inheritance; the LORD, the God of Israel, is their inheritance, as he promised them."

I am realizing that the Lord God Almighty is my inheritance as well. He has called me to proclaim His kingdom in all the earth. And so even if He never gives me my own home, or a husband, or children, or the American dream, and even if I am one day forgotten, the Creator God of the Universe is my inheritance, and that is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment