Saturday, October 16, 2010

Coincidence?

I just want to describe my day yesterday to you all:

I have had a stomach parasite for over a week. Without too much detail, this means I was going to the bathroom--a lot.

So I finally got some pills to kill my amigo, but yesterday morning, I took my pill a little before I ate breakfast. Empty stomach+antibiotic=bad idea. So before I even ate breakfast, I was throwing up in a really disgusting bathroom.

And about four months ago, I stubbed my toe really bad in our classroom. I thought it was no big deal, but the pain and swelling didn't go away. And then I realized that my toenail hasn't grown. It's been four months now since it has grown. Not good. So yesterday Ester finally did "surgery" on my horrible ingrown toenail. I've never had one before, but it was the worst pain I have ever experienced. And we have to do it again today. So that means there is more pain, screaming and crying in my future.

Additionally, yesterday after a short nap with my contacts in, my keratitis came back. This is eye inflammation that causes severe pain, redness, tearing, and sensitivity to light. My eye looked and felt horrible.

And because of the pain in my eye from all the light, I also ended my night with a headache.

Now, does anyone think it is coincidence that all of this (parasite, vomiting, ingrown toenail, keratitis, headache)  hit me a week before we move to Cusco and start our work?

So, in all, this is a plea for prayer for me and my team. We need it, and we appreciate it greatly!

No comments:

Post a Comment