Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's Like a Vegan Diet, But More Restricted


It is no secret to you, especially if you are a regular follower of this blog, that over the last year the Cusco team has been through quite a few changes.

We are still down a member, because I still don’t have a partner (but pray for my new partner who is joining me in June), but we have a new member in the family (Alex’s partner). So we took a journey together to unite us as a team and to refocus on our Savior and the mission before us.

We embarked together on what is known as the Daniel Fast.



Daniel 10:2-3 says, “At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.

So for twenty-one days, we ate no meat, sugar of any kind, leaven, artificial or processed foods or chemicals, or anything that tastes good. (I’m just kidding about that last requirement.)


This left us with eating a TON of fruits and vegetables, legumes, and quite a lot of flatbread.


We did this to focus on our spirituality, spending more time in prayer and Bible study, reading Daniel as a team during our morning devotions instead of good ol’ Ozzy Chambers (My Utmost for His Highest).

God taught each of us a lot during this fast, and brought us together as a group. There is power in solidarity; doing the fast as a group made it easier to stick to the fast, avoiding temptation.

For more info, check out http://daniel-fast.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment