Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Reflecting and Seeking





Another year is coming to an end.

I think Christmastime typically makes people nostalgic. I mean, at Christmas, you can listen to whatever music you want. I personally, am partial to Point of Grace's Christmas albums. Steven Curtis Chapman, too. And what would I do without Relient K's "Let it Snow Baby, Let it Reindeer?"

You watch the same old movies you watch every year. It is a busy time of year, but I think you can be content just sitting by a fireplace sipping hot chocolate, too.

Reflection is an important part of the holiday tradition. You reminisce about years gone by, about family members who are no longer with you. And as you say goodbye to another year, you think about all the good and the bad that year has held for you.

That's what I currently find myself doing.

A friend recently told me that I seem happier now than I've ever been; and I don't disagree. I love my life. I am so thankful for every blessing I have, and so content with my circumstances.

I have this incredible job that I started in September, and I feel so extremely fulfilled. For those of you wondering what exactly I do as Mobilization Manager for South America, I will try to explain it...

My team is seeking South Americans who want to Go, Give, and Pray through Extreme Nazarene Ministries. A large portion of what we do is meet with individuals who have a passion to do something more. We sit down with them, and listen to their stories. We help them discern what God is saying to them. We listen in order to determine if they have the potential to be long term staff with Extreme, specifically 40/40 church planting missionaries. Sometimes we recommend they go short term. And we pray together.

Some of my job involves paperwork and budgets. I like the relational aspect of the job, but I'm also an organization freak. So this part is really fun for me to.

I love going out though, and visiting churches. One of my favorite things to do in North or South America is to share my passion for missions and cast the Extreme vision. And we are being met with such an incredible response in Ecuador.

I love this job. I get to live in another culture. I get to speak another language every day. I get to travel all over South America and live in several countries during these two years. I get to relate to people, young and old, who have a call from God to go, give, and pray. This is seriously the most incredible job ever!

Are you jealous of my amazing job? Well guess what? You don't have to be! We are seeking a third (and then fourth and eventually fifth!) member of the mobilization team to work with us in South America for the next two years. If you feel God calling YOU to be a mobilizer for South America and have this amazing life too, contact me at cstevens@extremenazarene.org. We REALLY need another mobilizer, and I believe God is already calling someone to be a part of this team.

So, enjoy this Advent season. Make a fire. Drink some hot chocolate. Consider the amazing gift of Emmanuel. And take time to reflect on this year. Above all, be thankful.

May our Lord Jesus Christ fill you with joy in his presence.

**Keep an eye out for the SAM Mobilization version of the "Twelve Days of Christmas" later this month, where I am going to introduce you to our Ecuadorian 40/40s, and share how you can pray for Extreme.**


No comments:

Post a Comment