Sunday, September 12, 2010

Exciting Opportunity

As you may know, my Peruvian other half is from Lima, a short hour and a half plane ride from here in Arequipa. She has to routinely go back to have her braces adjusted.

Well, we have a week without classes coming up in October, and she has to go get her braces adjusted one more time before we go to Cusco. The same weekend, her church is having a youth camp, and they would like for us to come help and do a couple of the workshops.

Everything would be included except for my transportation to get there. So the reason I am writing is to ask if anyone is interested in sponsoring me for this trip so that I can go share with some young people in Lima about what God wants to do in their lives. Many of these kids were in Ester's Sunday school class before she came here. We are really excited about this trip!

With that said, if you are interested in possibly sponsoring me for this trip, contact me at cstevens@extremenazarene.org

Thank you, and please be in prayer for us so that we can preach the word boldly to a future generation of leaders!

Because one of my favorite things is to inspire other people to get involved in missions. Hello, if I can do it, who can't? And because of Extreme Nazarene, many of them could have the opportunity to be missionaries in South America, or--who knows--around the world. And I would love to share how God calls ordinary teenagers to do his will. And Ester is excited that, being the only gringa around people who aren't used to speaking slowly or with especially basic vocabulary, I will have to practice A LOT of Spanish.

It's just a really exciting opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment