Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Love Incorruptible

This is from my devotional book for today:
-------
Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus with an undying love. (Ephesians 6:24)

Love with faith. Here Paul closes his letter to the church at Ephesus with an admonition to love Jesus. Love is what separates Christians from all other religions. Lovers of Jesus not only seek to love God but to do it with irrepressible passion consuming their heart, mind, soul, and strength just as they love God. Many good people today claim to be Christians but the acid test of their faith is can a person verbalize their love for Jesus and follow through with that profession.

Can you honestly proclaim, "I Love Jesus?"

If so, you are well on your way. God not only wants your faith but your love too. Love comes only through relationship. Biblical, or agape love, is birthed through relationship and matured through service and sacrifice. It is investing love. True love over years of time is like a rope tightly round strand after strand after strand of sacrifice and commitment. This is a love so intertwined as to be incorruptible. True love really does last forever and is a beautiful thing to behold. Do you love Jesus with an undying love?
-------
Do you ever feel like God is beating you over the head with something?

I do. And right now, it is love. It just keeps coming up in every way.

So it is obvious I am supposed to be learning something. I think God is bringing me back to my prayer seven months ago when this thing first started:

"Father God, show me how to love like you have loved me. Help me to love with a reckless love, a love that holds nothing back. Help me to love my team like that, and the people I am ministering to like that."

And today, I am thinking about a love that is incorruptible. And it starts with Jesus Christ. I have to love my Savior recklessly first, and then I will be able to love others like that.

But like I said in the last post, first I have to believe that I am loved, and everything else will follow in response.

No comments:

Post a Comment