Thursday, September 9, 2010

Ready Now

We sang a song during English worship night that has got me thinking. It is called "Ready Now" by Desperation Band, and I have to tell you, something about this song really struck me.

The point of the song is essentially that I am ready to do God's will, whatever he would do with me. Not a completely original thought. But what struck me was what makes that commitment possible:

Only the line, "I want to surrender for good," makes it possible to say, "I'm ready now."

There is no other way for that to be possible. I have to surrender my wants, my desires, my plans, my sin, my ideas, my EVERYTHING, to God so that I can be ready to do God's will.

I must die to myself. I must lay down my pride, and realize that I am nothing. That is the only way to be ready to go out and do the will of God.

And it's not easy.

I am being reminded of that this week. I am not here to do the will of Cailyn Stevens or make my name known, I am here to do the will of my Father in heaven and expand his kingdom on earth. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. So I need to once again die to myself. Surrender it all, FOR GOOD, without picking it back up again. Leave all my desires and plans at the feet of Jesus, accepting the fact that he has something better in mind.

You come like you promised you would
I want to surrender for good
I know that I need you
And I don't want to keep living life alone

So take my heart and make it new
Make it true and make it like you
Take my hands, I lift them high
They’re yours not mine to do
Do what you will

I feel like a blind man in your sight
I know that I'm wicked in your eyes
So wash me and make me shine like the sun
I want to tell everyone that you're the only one



So take my heart and make it new
Make it true and make it like you
Take my hands, I lift them high
They’re yours not mine to do
Do what you will

I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now
Do what you will


I'm ready now, I'm ready now, I'm ready now
Do what you will

No comments:

Post a Comment