Saturday, September 11, 2010

Legacy

Class last week was about developing leaders.

I'm not sure if you know this, but it's kind of important for us to develop leaders. Because you know, we aren't going to be here forever. And when we leave, the whole thing collapses if we don't leave a strong person in charge.

And I surely don't want the three (or more!) churches that I start to just fall apart after two years of hard work.

Kind of important.

And one of the chapters that Ester and I gave a presentation on was about leaving a legacy. And that legacy has to do with the people who take over for us after we are gone.

Now I generally take a different stance on the legacy I leave. Maybe you've heard me talk about this before, but I believe that it doesn't make much sense for me to work my whole life in an attempt to make my name known. What is the point of that when eventually, everyone who ever knew me will be dead and gone one day? My name won't continue forever. But the name of Jesus Christ WILL. So I want to make his name known until my dying breath!

THAT is a LEGACY.

1 comment:

  1. Hermana mia,
    I have finally caught up on your blogs (because you are a blogging machine!) and am just in awe of your honesty, beauty, and unrestrained love for the lover of your soul. I have no doubt that you are a threat down there, wherever you go. I have been so inspired by your desire to make his name known with such great boldness! I am praying for you my sister and know that every life you encounter will be brought closer to our savior! Love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete